Attributes are elements of a product that can vary - for example, sizes or colours. Here's how to create or modify an attribute so you can apply it to your products.
You'll need to set up attributes in order to create variable products in Breadstack. Each attribute is an umbrella that consists of "Terms", or variations of that attribute.
For example, let's say you want to sell a t-shirt that comes in black and grey. You'd first follow the below process to create the attribute "Colour" and give it the terms "Black" and "Grey".
Then, you'd be ready to create a new variable t-shirt product and assign the Colour attribute to it.
Tip: You can also use attributes to group products from the same brand without using tags or categories.
- Go to Products > Attributes and click + Add New Attribute in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the information under "General":
- Name - This is the name customers will see on the product page. Common attribute names might be "Size", "Quantity", or "Colour".
- Parent Category - This is where you choose how terms will be displayed for each attribute.
- Archives - Learn more about using attribute archives. You can enable or disable them here for each attribute.
- Create your attribute's terms:
- Name - This is the name customers will see on the product page. Terms for a size attribute might have names like "Medium" or "XL".
- Continue adding all the terms you want to include, then click Save. You'll see the attribute appear in the main list (Products > Attributes).
When you create a variable product, your new attribute will appear in the drop-down list of attributes you can apply.
Editing an attribute
You can change your attribute's general characteristics, or add or modify its terms, by going to Products > Attributes and clicking Edit under the attribute's name in the list.
To edit an individual term, click the blue edit symbol under "Actions" in the term list.