Add a product to Breadstack for inventory tracking and management.
Note: If your store uses Cova, you cannot manage inventory in Breadstack.
Breadstack's Inventory module lets you track product stock availability, and manage adjustments and transfers between warehouses.
Note: The below process enables you to track a product's inventory in Breadstack; it does not make the product available for sale on your website.
To do that, you'll need to create a corresponding entry in the Product module and link the two together.
Here's how to add a product you want to track.
- Go to Inventory > All inventories and click Add Inventory Product in the upper right corner.
- Under Inventory, fill out:
- The Product Name as you want it to appear in Breadstack
- The SKU - if you've already added this product in the SKU Management section, enter the same SKU (it will appear as you start typing). Otherwise, create a unique SKU here - or leave the field blank to have Breadstack generate one automatically.
- (Optional) the UPC code and GTIN/GS1
- (Optional) The product's COGS - This is the total cost (to you) of the product. Breadstack uses this value to calculate profit on product sales.
- (Optional) Description - Put anything you want staff to know about the product here.
- Available Quantity - Enter the number of units currently in stock and available for purchase.
- Reserved Quantity - Enter the number of units currently in stock but unavailable for purchase.
- (Optional) Under Shipping, fill out:
- The Weight (kg) of a single unit
- The Dimensions (cm) of a single unit
- (Optional) Under Vendor, log information on your vendor for this product.
- Under Location, fill out:
- Which Warehouse is being used for this product
- (Optional) The Aisle and BIN Location where the product can be found
- Under Product Image, click Select Image. Upload an image directly from your computer, or choose one from the Media Library.
- Under Tags, select the SKU tags you want to apply to this product. SKU tags help you find and organize products within Breadstack.
- Click Save. You'll see this product appear in the All Inventories list. Click its name or Quick Edit to open it up for editing, and to see the auto-generated barcode.